Monday, 13 June 2016

HA6 Task 4 - Production

Dagger
For my dagger I used a reference image but I didn't fully use it and just went with my own design.
I first created a plane then I extruded to my desired length and then I subdivided it a few times so that one I extruded it from the bottom I would be able to merge them to create shard edges like it would on a dagger. 
Once I finished the dagger I went and did the cross-guard which was just a normal cube that I then extruded to make it longer and played with the edges that resulted to the image below. Next was the grip or the handle of the dagger, for this I used a cylinder and then extruded it and then added a few subdivisions to create the shape that I wanted. 




Flintlock
I would say that making the flintlock was much easier than I thought it would be. I first started with the bottom part and once I had filled what was needed I then took one of the vertices and went around excluding the barrel of the flintlock and the trigger and when I got to the other side of the bottom part I just merged the vertices together and then selected the vertices that I put around and created a face and once that was done I just selected all and extruded it to make it thicker like how any gun should be. For the next part I decided to do the crucial parts of the pistol which makes it a flintlock rifle and those were the flint and the frizzen. 
Next I decided to do the barrel which wasn't hard at all, all I did was put a cylinder in and then at the end of the barrel I extruded it in and then scaled a part of it out so that it would create what seem to be a hole. Then for the last part I just created another plane and shaped it like the template show and then I just extruded them to create dimensions. 









Cards
The cards was one of the most easiest once. I started with a plane then I added a material and chose a random color then I went to the texture and imported in the images that I got and put the settings to generated instead of UV which I then repeated the process for three others but with different designs and stacked them in a way which cards are usually seen as.



Belt
out of the four assets the belt was the easiest one to do because for this I just created a plane and then rotated it 90 degrees on the X axis and then on edit mode I just extruded the edges of one side to go around in a semi circle and then when I got to about the middle I kid made a little loop on it. For the next part I just took the other side and repeated the process but when I got the part where I looped the previous edge I sort of made it look like it went through the loop that I created and then lastly I just added a material and chose a tanish which I would say is quite a common color used in belts.










No comments:

Post a Comment